Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Old age people and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illnesses.
How could we protect ourselves?
- Through the hand wash and frequent is the absolute necessity to prevent infection of the virus.
- The COVID-19 virus is believed to be spreading through droplets when an infected person coughs or sneezes. Avoid close proximity, or direct contact has to be avoided.
- Using tissue masks, coughing and sneezing into tissue masks, not touching the face with unwashed hands are essential safety rules.
How to prevent ourselves while outside
- Your home is the safest place. Stay home.
- Stock food, water, and milk for a few days, so that you don’t have to come out every day.
- Select one person from the family to go out of the house should there be a compelling reason. The person should be young, fit, and should have knowledge about the precautions to be followed. He should wash his hands properly when returning home.
- When shopping for groceries, touch as minimum items as you can. Use a hand sanitizer before and after shopping. Never touch your face unless you have washed your hands.
- In the market maintain a distance of 2 meters from each other.
- Do not let any item ( like parcels, milk packets) enter your house directly. The person must wash the item before bringing them in.
- For those items which cannot be washed (like flour, bread, etc.), leave them in the garage or dickey of the car or the balcony for at least one day before bringing them into the house.
- Remove the shoes before entering the house. Please keep them in a place away from the reach of children.
- Stop buying those things from the market which can be prepared at home. e.g., bread, instead buy flour and bake your own bread.
- Be wary of fomites. Anything can have the virus on its surface, like milk packets, medicine bottles, door handles, car keys, taps. If you touched them, wash your hands.
- Children should play at home or on the lawn only. Would you please not allow them to mix with kids from other houses for the time being?
- The elderly should not participate in funerals. A young person from a family may go into situations when it is necessary.
- If you have a part-time servant at home, give them a room and request them to stay full-time. If this is not possible, grant them leave for a few weeks. But please pay them in full.
- If you have flu or the common cold, confine yourself to a single room, preferably with an attached bathroom for seven days. Nobody wants to give the infection to family members, even if it is ordinary flu!
- For any mild illness, do not go to the hospital. Instead, do a video call to the specialists through the app called Ask Second Opinion.
- Do not let anyone enter your home on the pretext of spraying or sanitization. It is not needed unless there is a confirmed positive case in your house or surroundings.
- Boost your immunity. Take adequate sleep, sunlight for vitamin D, and fruits for other vitamins.
- Remember, there is no magic treatment of coronavirus at this time. Do not pay heed to magic remedies. Only a vaccine can save us from getting an infection.
If you have symptoms or any illness
Try considering to go for online consultation in Ask Second Opinion. In that, you can get the Prime doctor’s consultation. We have many 50+ specialists in neuro, diabetes, cardio, skin, kidney problem, ortho, gastroenterology, general medicine, etc. Get a second opinion instantly in minutes.