In this blog, let’s break the myths on corona symptoms which are going around the Internet. We fact checked all of them and we can see one by one below.
1. Myth: Covid-19 be transmitted through goods produced in countries where there is the ongoing transmission
Fact: Although it can last on surfaces for many hours, the environment, transportation, and varying temperatures during shipment make it difficult for the virus to remain active.
If you feel the surface may be contaminated, clean it with a disinfectant and wash your hands after touching it.
2. Myth: Covid-19 be transmitted through mosquitoes
Fact: There is no evidence that the novel coronavirus can be transmitted through mosquitoes. The virus can be spread through droplets from coughing, sneezing or a patient’s saliva.
3. Myth: Coronavirus spread through our clothes
Fact: Besides showering every day, you should wash your clothes using detergent or soap in 60-90 ํC water or add bleach. Dry the clothes in a high-temperature dryer or the sun.
4. Myth: Drinking alcohol help prevent Covid-19
Fact: Drinking alcohol, such as beer, liquor, wine doesn’t help prevent coronavirus. You should wash your hands often, wear masks, and avoid being close to those with a fever and cough.
5. Myth: Covid-19 is transmitted in cold climates and not in hot and humid climates
Fact: Coronavirus can be transmitted in any kind of climate. Wherever you are, no matter what kind of climate, you have to practice personal hygiene. For example, wash your hands often, cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough, and wear masks.
6. Myth: UV bulbs used for disinfecting and be used to kill Covid-19 on our body
Fact: Don’t use UV bulbs on your hands or any part of the body because UV light can irritate your skin.
7. Myth: Spraying alcohol or chlorine on your body kills the virus inside
Fact: Besides not being able to kill the virus inside your body, it could damage clothes and other tissues like eyes and lips.
8. Myth: Eating garlic prevent covid-19
Fact: Though garlic has some anti-microbial properties, there is no evidence that it can prevent Covid-19.
Clear your doubts with doctors about your health condition instantly. To do this , you can use second opinion app. It helps you for online doctors consultation as you can have in-clinic like experience.
Three steps for online consultation
- Need to Enter Name, Age, Email, and Phone Number.
- Get OTP and Enter the app.
- Select consult now and specialist. Talk to Prime Doctor.
Second Opinion app provides you with India’s best Prime Doctors Online for consultation. They are well-experienced prime doctors and experts in these fields who has up to 15 years of experience and more and attended hundreds of surgeries. We have 100+ specialties to cover all age groups for the consult.
Get phone consultation through video calls by selecting the doctor which you want for your current health condition.
Share this blog with friends & families to stay updated with Coronavirus myths. Follow WHO guidelines for more information.