What is Brain Detox?
A Brain detox or Brain Cleanse is planned to protect against the Neurodegenerative diseases and it will decrease the symptoms related to the brain function.
The glymphatic system refers to the blood vessels in the body that will remove the unwanted macroscopic waste clearance system that utilizes a unique system of perivascular tunnels. This system will be more active when we are asleep. That’s why we are getting a good amount of night sleep and feeling mentally sharp in the daytime.
Why do you need a Brain Detox?
The brain will detoxify itself like what the rest of the body does, removing the toxins and the cellular waste to maintain its healthy function. Sleep is the easy way to encourage our brain to remove waste and potentially toxic proteins to maintain neurological health and performance. We can’t detox it by just normal sleep, A deep sleep will help you in this. By detoxing your brain you can achieve a great night sleep and an active day routine with more concentration and confidence.
There are some symptoms that you need to detox your brain those are,
- Memory loss
- Brain Fog
How do you Detox your brain?
Get Enough Sleep
Sleep is the main thing that helps you in the process of detoxification naturally. We need at least 8 – 9 hours of sleep every day. Here are some tips to get an sleep routine,
- Sleep early and wake early and maintain the same timing of sleep daily to make a routine. It helps you in the process of digestion, energy and motivation to do things.
- Avoid using electronic devices before your sleep hour.
- Sleep in a dark room and avoid keeping your mobile phone in that particular room and use an alarm clock instead of a mobile alarm.
- Exercise regularly during the day time, It will help you to sleep better at night.
- Spend some time under the sun in the morning.
An Healthy diet
The food gives energy to the body in different forms. Try to avoid having protein rich foods, Junk foods and heavy meals during the night. You can have these following foods when you feel hungry at night.
- Dry fruits
Our brains need a standard supply of nutrients, antioxidants and essential vitamins and minerals. Take more healthy foods like,
- Vegetables, such as leafy greens, broccoli, carrots, etc.
- Dry fruits, nuts and seeds.
- Yogurt, oatmeal and bananas.
- Healthy facts such as Avocado, Olive Oil and Almonds.
- Stay hydrated
There is proven evidence that exercising regularly helps to increase the glymphatic activity and also improve brain plasticity. It also helps in increasing the memory powers and it helps to build more confidence level.
An average adult should exercise about 150 – 200 minutes a week. It will help to increase the blood flow to the brain.
Ask yourself Questions
Now it’s time to ask some important questions like what is important to you and what you need to focus on. Let go of the unwanted thoughts and unwanted peoples from your life. Keep yourself surrounded with positive and like minded people.
Whenever you feel stressed, depressed and unable to get a good sleep and your healthy routine you need to detox your mind and your body to get back on track. For further doubts and queries you can consult any time on the Second Opinion App with our Prime doctors Online.